Friday, August 8, 2008

Fat? It May Not Be Your Fault‏......

"A BIG, FAT PROBLEM Research proves what we've been writing all along: Restaurants are making us fat

America has a weight problem, but a new study shows it's not completely our fault."

This is the headline in a new article put out by Mens Health magazine. So, what do you think? Are restaurants making us fat? One of my favorite teachers is Byron Katie. Her work is based around questioning reality and inquiring into the truth of our beliefs. So I pose the question, "Is it true"?

Restaurants are making us fat. I mean it is the easy way out, right? It's much easier than admitting that we chose the meals or the types of foods we ingest everyday or the lack of physical activity we do.

I once read a quote by a Chinese philosopher who said, "No man gets fat from one meal". Maybe the restaurants aren't making us fat? Maybe it isn't even the food that is affecting our weight? Maybe there are other issues here.....psychological, societal, over-riding beliefs, possibly even spiritual.

Since I am expecting 2 to 3 other people to read this I am going to share these ideas over time. You'll just have to wait for more.......and I leave you with this.....

Is It True that restaurants are making us fat?

1 comment:

karijahner said...

I have read tons of headlines writing the same thing! In our culture, we need an easy fix or solution. We develop a pill to cover symptom after symptom. So, with our fat epidemic, we need an answer and it needs to be easy. Honestly, I think blaming restaurants for us being fat is ridiculous. Do we have no self responsibility????? I think the answer is so deep and complex and is highly affected by our culture. I think someone's weight is affected by multiple factors that include physical and mental stress, over-eating, genetics, lack of education, lack of spirituality....just to name a few. We need to look deeper than blaming McDonalds. Seriously!