Friday, August 15, 2008

The Experiment......

A 60 day Experiment into the world of ease, joy and appreciation? I know it all sounds a bit airy-fairy......it goes against every mid-west belief I was taught growing up. I am a product of the mentality, the beliefs that drive a community. Here are a few of the beliefs I have been fortunate enough to become aware of.....


  • Money doesn't grow on trees. (Isn't it paper? ;-)

  • You have to work hard to make it.

  • In order to control your world you must have a plan.

  • If you are not working hard you a slacker.

  • Work hard now so you can enjoy life later (the deferred life plan).

  • Hard work is respectable.

Thats just a taste of what I picked up from my hard working tribe. These type of beliefs have driven me for the better part of 30 years. In the past year of my life I have invested some serious time and dollars into looking at these beliefs and questioning them. I see how they drive me and I have asked to have a new set of teachers show up. I believe I am ready for a different set of beliefs.


60 Day Experiment-


Dates: Aug 18 to Oct 18


Objective: To set 3 intentions and do nothing other than hold myself in tremendous joy over the 60 day period. To take action only if the action brings joy. To let go of all planning and desire of knowing how it should unfold. To trust the Universe knows better than I.


Results: How does one define the results of an experiment like this? I thought about listing my intentions and then looking at the physical results at the end of 60 days but that doesn't really feel good to me. This work is about moving internally, not about what happens on the outside. I am not going to list my intentions instead I am looking for an improvement in my feelings around dollars, career and relationships.


This blog is going to be a composition of my experiences with this experiment. I intend to use it to share and document what I am experiencing and anything that works. Who knows what will come of it if anything......it's going to be a personal look into my life which I rarely share so, here we go......

No comments: