Sunday, August 31, 2008

14- Appreciation of Conscious Music

“Conscious music is the bridge to Divine frequency.”~Sonia Choquette

I still remember the first time I heard them. I put in the CD for a long drive down the coast in So Cal. Almost everyone you meet in Cali has a band so when I asked for the CD I wasn’t expecting that much. I don’t know about you but the first few times I listen to a record I am focusing on the feeling and not so much the words. By the second listening the words came pouring through and I was mesmerized by the passion and truth being spoken.

That was almost two years ago and I still feel overtaken with joy and appreciation as I listen to the words and music of Warstories. Evan Robinson’s song writing, voice and musical arrangement does not fall into popular music. This stuff is leading edge and moves you within. Check them out at www.warstoriesmusic.com .

In April I went on vacation to the island of Dominica in the Caribbean. I had a free afternoon so I went and sat down by the ocean with my ipod. I had just downloaded the new album by Live, Songs from Black Mountain. The evolution of this group over the past 15+ years is really remarkable. As one of their songs, Wings, came on I became overwhelmed with gratitude and clarity. I don’t know if this is legal but I am going to put some of the words below……..

Weighing on your mind
Like a ball and chain
Like a destiny to run from.

Division in your soul
Keeping you from hope
I can’t bare to see you crying.

The weight that lays on your shoulders
Could be the wings that carry you home.

~Live

As I listened to this song such a feeling of well-being flowed through me. I felt in touch with a Divine frequency. I just sat there and felt like I had truly gotten whatever this group was intending to share.

Lastly, and this may seem like an odd choice but stay with me, is an album that received so much negative press when first released I didn’t actually hear any of it until almost a year had passed. The first song and video released were controversial and not well received. The name of the album is Stripped, by Christina Aguilera. This was as “popp-y” of an artist as there is….yet when you dig into the words and feelings in some of these songs I challenge you not to be moved. The songs, Keep Singing My Song and Soar are amazing. Check out some of these lyric…..

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face
Nobody is going to bring me down today
Been feeling like nothings been going my way lately
I decided right here and now that my outlook is going to change

I am going to say goodbye to all the tears I cried
And every time someone hurt my pride.
Feelin like they wont let me live life
And take a look at what is mine

I see every blessing so completely
I thank God for what I got from above

~Singing my Song~
~Christina Aguilera


This is a 6 minute song that brings you back to appreciation and gratitude in a hurry.

I wouldn’t say music is a major part of my life. I would say that as I have become more clear about who I am and how I want to feel on a moment to moment basis I have been blessed to attract some amazing groups like Warstories and Live. I have also been able to find the nuggets in our pop artists that so few do.

Much Love
8-31-8

No comments: