Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 5 - Resistance

It's no surprise that when you attempt to take your life from one level to the next that there may be some challenges that pop up. After investing a lot of time alone these past few years and getting to know myself I can feel resistance showing up at it's earliest forms. Which I love so I can deal with it and feel good again. It has also made me extremely sensitive.

This morning as I awoke I noticed I had the thought that I may be fired.......where did that come from? It made me laugh. The thought instantly seemed ridicoulus and I knew it wasn't true and if it was......so what? The interesting thing that stuck with me was the feeling. So I got up and dug into this more.

It stems from this idea that "it can't be this easy". I have been focusing on what brings me joy for the past 5 days and already I have had some interesting results. I received a very nice gift out of the blue yesterday, a check for over $500 the day before, and tremendous feelings of peace at work. I have perhaps the most intense month of fun I have ever planned coming up in Sept. And I was able to schedule a fun weekend in Vegas coming up.

So, what's the problem right??? For the last two years I have been the one who showed up for work early and left late. I have worked more open to close shifts (12 hrs +) than I care to remember. And even in the short time I have been running this experiement I have felt guilt around showing up on time and leaving early.....twice this week!!!!!!

There is a vibration within me that is so strong revolving around 'work being hard' or 'having to work hard for success' that it is really affecting me. I feel like I am in 'hard work" detox. Like an addict coming down I feel all the effects.

I am open to this resolving itself and I am sure it will. I will go do what I always do when I have a perplexing belief hiding under the surface of my conscious mind......I am off to move my body. Somehow by working out, running, yoga, hiking, ect.....I am able to quite my mind enough to allow the issue to surface and to then feel tremendous peace. Just writing it brought a smile to my face. So I am off to hike for two hours before work tonight.

Make It A Great Day and Much Love.

No comments: