Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 27- Loving What Is.....

When this experiment began I was really putting a lot of pressure on myself to have fun. What a ridicoulus concept, huh? Pressuring myself to have fun. I am smiling just thinking about it. I noticed that the more I "worked" at having fun the less I was having. And then the other night I realized this past year of my life has been one moment of joy and appreciation after another.

One of the interesting things about this past year is how perfectly things seem to turn out for me. I have learned how to make peace with where I am. So it doesn't matter what happens I seem to get a kick out of it either way. Take my job for instance, over the past year I have been told I was heading in almost 10 different directions.....everything from regional manager to director of training to a possible sales position. And each time I just smiled and said, ok.

I am reminded of a story that Eckart Tolle frequently tells of a Zen Monk. In the story the Monk has what many of us would call ups and downs....from being wrongly accused to having large sums of dollar fall into his lap. Through it all the Monk continues to say, "good or bad, who knows?". I have noticed as I have made more and more peace with reality I have a similiar philosophy.

It's not that I don't get attached, because I do. Recently I took a trip to another city to vaca and have some fun. Apparently, I was attached to seeing a friend there because when it turned out I couldn't I suffered. The interesting thing about my new thought processes is how short the sufferening is. What would have been hours of self torture is now only minutes. The questions of The Work seem to be alive in me. As I was driving away from any opportunity to see my friend the questions arose...

~Is it true you should have seen her?
~How do you react when you believe that?
~If the Universe is friendly why is good for you and her that you didn't connect?

And the truth that pours forth is beautiful. All suffering melts away to joy and appreciation. As I have begun to see the truth in every moment I am reminded how loving reality is.

Much Love

No comments: