Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 22- Update

I am a third of the way through the experiment. I think it was a few entries into this when I decided not to list my intentions because I said, “this is about internal movement”. Well, this weekend I had some major insights.

The whole point of this experiment was to slow myself down and listen. Listen to the voice within that always knows the right way. I was hiking in Mt. Charleston outside of Vegas today and I got lost. (Well, not really because I have questioned this thought so many times I don’t even believe it.) As far as many would feel I was lost, I had gotten off path and started climbing a very steep incline. I just kept going, feeling both the excitement and the adventure of being off the beaten path. Even though I didn’t know where I was going I was so excited to notice every step along the way, the burning in my lungs from being 6000 ft above sea level, the feeling that I could slip on the loose rock at any point made every step feel like a meditation.

When I reached a point in the clearing I stopped and turned around. What a beautiful sight. I could see for miles and miles and it was incredible. As I was standing there I realized that this is how I live my life. Sometimes I just make a move that is so off the beaten path that I can’t even explain it. I just keep going noticing each step, each sensation, each experience. And then at some point I stop and turn around, what I see is breath taking. The person I have become, the people I have met and perfectly interacted with. I have tried walking the beaten path, the one society and most of my family would prefer I take, and I always desired to be a pioneer. I wanted to be an adventurer, an explorer.

I believe I have begun an exploration of life…..of mind…..of being. I ask no one to join me. Find your way and just notice……

Much Love

No comments: