Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 16- Job Appreciation

I have been thinking about leaving my current position because I find that I’m not as happy within it. But as I think about leaving, I realize that when I go, I will take myself with me- and if I leave because I am unhappy, I will take that unhappy person with me. The reason I want to leave is because I want to feel good. I want to feel excitement, joy, growth, freedom. I want to utilize my strengths and downplay anything that makes me feel weak. I wonder if it’s possible to feel good without leaving. I wonder if there is anything about this relationship that I could focus on that does feel good.

I remember the day I saw the ad for this job. The energy of the ad seemed to be a good match to me. I remember the words fun and growth jumping off the page and smacking me in the face. I was moved by the simple ad. I remember how I felt when I went into different locations and ate. The ambiance, food, feel of the place was a great match to me. I remember feeling drawn to this company and eager to move forward to see what more we might discover together. I like the feeling of discovery. I like that I fit in so easily and made an impact immediately. I liked our relationship as it began. I think that the more time has gone on the more we realize that we are not a perfect match. I don’t think there is any failure on either of our parts in that. I don’t think either party ever intended it to be a life long commitment. At this point there are probably potential better partnerships for both of us.

There are so many things I like about this job that anyone would easily appreciate: the start time is awesome, the food, the décor and ambiance, the name recognition, the quality of food, the commitment to change, the opportunities to expand and grow myself, traveling, being trusted to go and adjust issues, freedom to write my own schedule, being paid perfectly, bonuses, meeting all different types of people, creating life long friendships, a sense of family, feeling I have a voice, hours of operation….I am glad we came together, and I believe our time together will prove to be of value to both of us.

“Never walk out of a relationship feeling angry, guilty, or defensive. Do the work to get to a good feeling place and then leave. And then what comes next will not be a replay of what you just left.”

~A new way to create change perhaps.~

Much Love,
9-2-8

No comments: