Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 48

On my flight back from ND I was reading through my journal. I started keeping a journal almost 5 years ago when a success speaker named Jim Rohn suggested it. He said to keep a log of your thoughts, great tips and insights you receive over the years. As I read through my past year of notes, insights and tips I was taken back by how much great advice was in there.

An entry from a few days ago reads, “Maybe this experiment isn’t about me playing my way to abundance, prosperity or right work. Perhaps it’s about me finding myself, finding a way of life that allows me to show up as a better man, son, brother, friend, employee, ect… Maybe it’s about me finding principles and philosophies to greatness”?

A principle that kept showing up throughout my journal was….”Freedom is living a life without expectation. Choose but don’t want.”

Here’s some advice from Robin Sharma, “Set goals, make plans, take inspired actions, do your best and then let go of any attachments and allow the Universe to bring it forth”.

Wow. Sound advice from wise men. So ultimately this experiment has turned into something much bigger than I could have dreamed. It went from being a different pathway to achieve some intentions to a way of life. Know thyself. I find those words so important I tattooed them on my arm.

I will leave you with this quote from my journal…..

“Know thyself and you shall know the powers of the universe and the powers of the gods.” ~Delphi

Much Love,
10-7

No comments: