Monday, June 1, 2009

Miracles.....

"There is no state of physical decline or damage that you could not recover from--none--not any, if you knew it... If you wanted it and knew that you could. And that's those miracles that they talk about every day. They're not miracles at all, they are the natural order of things. But because they are rare, people think they are miraculous. They're not. That's the way it is supposed to be. You're supposed to thrive."

-- Abraham

I was chatting with an aquaintance yesterday when I heard a 'concept' pop up. A concept is an idea, true or not, that we believe whole-heartedly. Meaning we would go to war for this idea.

We all have them. If you listen closely enough you will hear them everywhere. The friend of a friend was telling me about how she needs 8 hours of sleep or more to feel good. I love hearing concpets and questioning them....I usually don't question other peoples but she seemed like fun so I went for it.

I simply asked, "How do you know it's true that you need at least 8 hours of sleep"? What followed was 10 mins of her convincing me in a very defensive, determined way. It was interesting to listen to her, she couldn't even fathom the idea of another possibility.

And I ask you....what are you believing so strongly you wont even play with the idea of another possibility? Start to pay attention. It's those concrete concepts that hold you back from the miracles spoke about above.

Give it some thought. We can talk more on this later.

Much Love,

J

No comments: