Monday, November 9, 2009

Decisions, Decisions.....

"Make a decision and then make it right. There just are no wrong decisions. You could go this way, or that way, and either way will eventually get you to where you want to be. But in the moment you start complimenting yourself on the decision you've made, in that moment, you come back into vibrational alignment with who-you-really-are." -- Abraham

Such a bold statement. Such a bold way to live. Yet, if you could allow yourself to live this way what would it mean? I recently decided to check it out for myself.

Recently I left a job I'd been at for over 4 years. I was clearly stagnant there; not moving professionally, financially or personally. So I jumped on the first job that would hire me and left. (Kinda like the guy who really wants to leave his wife but doesn't have the courage to do it so he ends up with his co-worker and they are living together within weeks of dating.) And like that guy I was a couple of weeks in and wondering what the hell I had done. It took over 5 of my closest friends being brutally honest with me to get me to look at my creation.

After realizing that I wasn't a match to this position I made a decision. I quit. No job lined up, no plan. Just walked away because it wasn't a match to my highest and best. I made a decision and then I made it right. Over the past 3 weeks I have been practicing yoga, running, meditating and writing. I have been investing major sums of time transforming my relationship with money and playing around with the concepts of who I am. I have developed a unique brilliance statement and remembered all I bring to the table regardless of what I am doing.

It has been a joyous 3 weeks. As I have become more and more clear about who I am I have noticed my interviews being more clear and fun. Last week I was offered a job with a high quality company that is focused on developing their people for 25% more than I was earning before.

I tell you this because I want you to remember your value. I want you to remember that there are other ways to change. If I had bought into the concept that the economy and job market are awful and that there aren't enough jobs 'out there' I would never have had the courage to do this. But I didn't plug in to that. I plugged into my value. I plugged into my strengths and who I really am.

You can too! More on this to come......

Much Love

No comments: